Armor Attack sounds and rom versions

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Jun 02 2009 - 20:19:59 EDT

Got the Star Castle working fine, so moved onto the AA. I have 2 boardsets, bot seem to be different. Boardset 1 has a sound board that does not state a game name on it. Boardset 2 has a soundboard that states Armor Attack on it.
-Boardset 1 works fine, sounds seem to be normal. The odd thing is is when a game starts, your jeep is not in the center.. it is over on the left side of the central large open area. Also, once a helicopter comes out, they repeatedly come out as soon as one explodes.... non stop... Is this a different version of this game or something messed up? All else seems to work as I remember it...

-Boardset 2 seems to work fine, except for the sounds.. When you start you start in the middle, and helicopters have a delay between them so gameplay seems correct. The only issue on this is as the tanks speed up, the pitch of their engine noise speeds up but it becomes very distorted when it does. At its first speed, it sounds fine... just as you kill them and it speeds up does it get bad. I have replaced all the electrolytic caps on the sound board... any ideas what would cause that? Is the engine noise 'supposed' to change as they speed up?