Re: "Clay Cowgill's" pincushion corrector

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun Aug 09 2009 - 18:45:03 EDT

Clay Cowgill wrote:
> > What about shipping to Canada? Two or three in a small padded
> envelope tossed in the mailbox?
> > These foreigners, eh? Jeeze!
>
> I can do that for you, John. I do want to keep the postal service
> stuff to a minimum-- we only have the anti-theft letter-sized slots on
> our mailboxes here in the 'burbs. Anything international or over 13oz
> has to go to the counter at the post office which ends up taking me
> an hour including travel time. :-P I've never tried the 'will call'
> pickup service the USPS supposedly has-- guess I could give that a
> shot... I don't think I have the necessary customs forms here though
> anyway so it's probably a trip to the office anyway at some point.
> Not a big deal, I just don't want to make a habit of it. ;-) The Post
> Office is one of those places that make my blood pressure go up. (How
> they can have a single line and two or three tellers and *still* have
> it extend out the front door during *slow* days mystifies me...)
>
> If someone in Canada wanted to receive a bunch of them at once from me
> and redistribute to any other folks up there that'd work too.
> Otherwise I think Steve @ Arcadeshop is going to get some and he can
> ship up there I'm sure (probably at a little higher price, but he has
> overhead to pay for).
>
> -Clay
Actually I only needed one, I was thinking there might be a couple of
other Canuks that wanted some.

I use the online Post Office system and print the shipping label that
includes the customs form on the 'ol laserjet. I am sure you can do that
with US Post as well.

How thin are the slots on your mailboxes? Like a household slot (about
two inches) or thinner? No wonder so many folks in the US don't like
using the US Postal service if you can't easily mail things off!

John :-#(#

                 www.flippers.com