Has anyone heard of or seen Vector "promo" Video Tapes??

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Jan 26 1999 - 19:16:50 EST

Hello Everybody,

     I was talking to an older operator about AMOA and CES shows 1979-1984.
He was telling me that his friend has a bunch of these video tapes that he
would be willing to sell me from different manufacturers. They were kind of
like infomercials for operators and distributors made to generate hype and
encourage advance orders for new machines. He claims Cinematronics, Sega, and
Atari all had promo video tapes running at the 1980-83 CES and AMOA shows that
showed games that were soon to be released, but were not in production yet. He
claims they also sent these to various distributors and operators (but he also
said they were in Beta format so thay won't work on your modern VCR). (I can
easily run a beta-vhs copy, though). He specifically mentioned "Star Trek",
Zektor", "Red Baron", "Armor Attack", and "Tempest", but says there are many
others on the tapes that he can't remeber, and some of which NEVER made it to
production as far as he knows.
     Has anyone seen these? Do they really exist? I don't know if I want to
risk $100 to get a bunch of stuff that might end up being "How to beat Atari
VCS games..." starring some funny looking guy in a green polyester suit. Any
advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael Kelley