RE: PC power supply conversion question

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri Apr 16 1999 - 14:59:05 EDT

> Yeah, but we all know you're not a purist, Mr. Multigames ;-)

Hee-hee. Yeah, as long as this doesn't turn into the "Classic Porsche"
mailing-list my next-cube neighbor is on-- 30 message long threads about
the proper head-stamp for the bolts on the engine mounts of a 1956 356.

Hope you're not replacing those 1980 date-stamp standard TTL IC's with
1990's date-stamp LS series! Might have to turn you into the
authenticity-police. ;-) Is that wire the original color? I see that
that's not actually Roseburg Lumber - douglas fir, 3/8" plywood in your
monitor shelf...

Is it just me or does Mark's more frequent mentions of "original" in
games immediately make you think of that
round-headed-xenophobe-jamma-multigame-rotating-monitor thing he's got?

(just messing with you, Mark... ;-)

> > I'm going to try similar surgery on my Star Trek sitdown-- I'll post
> if
> > anything "bad" happens.
>
> And knowing you, you'll take time to put in a nice audio amplifier as
> well ;-)

I think the left-side speaker in my sit-down is out. How the hell you
get at *that* is beyond me. Anyone know?

> Speaking of surgeries and Sega XY's; I attempted swapping a WG4600
> tube onto a
> G08, but I think there are some problems with the monitor chassis that
> I need
> to fix first. If the procedure is successful, I will document it and
> add it to
> one of the FAQ on my web page.

Cool. Be interesting to hear about.

-Clay