Question regarding 19K6100 HV Transformer....

From: Stempak Arcadius-ASTEMPA1 <ASTEMPA1_at_motorola.com>
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 20:56:14 EDT

All,
****

 Have a Curious more than anything else,
type of Question, as I myself have not
witnessed such an event in the past.

 The other day I was working on (Repairing)
the HV Cage from my Old X/Y -- 19K6100 Monitor.

 When turning the Cage Upside Down, to expose
the bottom of the PCB I noticed a click, or
at least what sounded like a click. I then
flipped the Cage over and heard this click
again.

 Hmmmm..... well it appears that the Ferrite Core
(if that is what is) inside the HV Transformer
is loose and tends to move, side to side.

 Question is, what if any impact does this have
to the life expectancy of the HV Transformer itself ???

 Also is this normal, or did this happen due to age ???

 Thanks........
Arcadius......... :-)