Re: Jumpy Star Wars Fixed / Degaussing Help Anybody?

From: Jonathan Stanley <jstanley1_at_cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 01:00:04 EST

Jumpy Display Fixed:
I found the problem with the jumpy vertical display on my Star Wars
(amplifone). It is a bad "Y-Size" 10K pot on the deflection board.
If I reduce the size, the jumpy screen gets totally solid. If I
widen it back out it gets jumpy again, but if I widen it even more,
it gets solid. So there must be a bad area in that pot. I slightly
reduced the size and the display has been rock solid ever since.

Degaussing Help?
Can anybody help me figure out why my degaussing circuit isn't
working? I do not hear or see any degaussing when I first power up
the game, and in fact the right side of the screen (upper and lower
corners) clearly needs to be degaussed. I read about a Posistor
(a.k.a. Thermistor?) at R74 on the deflection board. Should I
replace that first or look elsewhere?